Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Little Things...

~ Watching Sophie soak up New York City....


~ Feeling my own sense of amazement (STILL!) when I'm in New York...


~ Sophie's reunion with her favorite stuffed animals when we returned from NYC. How heartwarming to overhear her telling them all about her trip and how much she missed them!
~ Having friends like Calvin & Michelle who took such good care of Hubbell while we were gone. It only occurred to me once I got home that I didn't worry about him one single time while we were away. And that is SO NICE...
~ Hubbell's over-exuberant excitement when we picked him up. He was so talkative!!!
~ Coming home to my garden. I'm amazed at how much it grew in only one week....
~ Sophie's first day back at school yesterday. I sat in the shade on the deck and read a book for about an hour. It was so peaceful!!!
~ Listening to Fastball. Their music is so happy!
~ Sophie's absolute fearlessness to break out in song & dance at any time in any place. Here, she's "performing" her rendition of "So Long, Farewell" in the American Museum of Natural History....


~ Watching "Still Bill" last night. Can I just say that I adore Bill Withers? His music is so soulful. I admire his choices in life and his sensitivity. He's quite amazing. Great, great documentary!
~ Blake Shelton. Just because. See this video.... (Thanks, Valerie!) The voice. Those dreamy blue eyes. That smile. The right dimple. Swoon!
~ This dress that I mentioned in my first Little Things list. Soph lives in Green Crocs. It's nice to find a dress that actually somewhat works with them...


~ Just knowing that there are people in this world with amazing ideas that help to make the world a better place....that can provide the gift of nature and peace in the unlikeliest of places....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails