Friday, August 3, 2012

Iggy Pop

This week I thought I'd post photos from Ygal's most recent trip to visit us.  He and his family came to Charlotte in late February/early March of this year.  As it turned out, it was the last time we saw and spent time with Ygal.


Ygal was the quintessential family man.  Seriously.  I know people sometimes say nice things about people once they're gone that aren't necessarily true.  I'm not doing that here.  Ygal was a true family man.  He made the long, expensive trip to visit us every couple years or so.  Think of how big the world is....the possibilities are endless....but he came to Charlotte.  Charlotte! I can't tell you how much we appreciated that and loved his visits.  Ygal always made such huge efforts to bring his family together....a family that just happens to spread out over half the globe.  


Regarding that last visit, I am most thankful that I got the chance to see Ygal as a father.  I was actually caught off guard at what a good father he was.  I had no reason to think he wouldn't be...none at all....but he was just that good (and I am not easily impressed). Yaron adored his father and his face would light up when Ygal walked in the room first thing in the morning.  They had a really close relationship.


I'm glad I got the chance to experience that firsthand because Yaron will need and want to hear about that in the future.  From everyone.


And I, for one, can't wait to tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails