As I was putting together yesterday's post, I realized I hadn't yet posted about all the books I read in 2012. Last year was the first year I took the time to track each and every book I read. I loved it. This year I kept track by pinning the books on a board. So, here's my list for 2012 with my favorites marked with asterisks. Please do tell if you've read any of these and your thoughts/opinions.
1. The Element by Ken Robinson *****
2. A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison ***
3. The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar ***
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
6. Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson ***
7. The Blueberry Years by Jim Minick
8. The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
9. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
10. The Mesh by Lisa Gansky
11. Waiting for Birdy by Catherine Newman
12. In The Pleasure Groove by John Taylor ***
13. You Can Buy Happiness (And It's Cheap) by Tammy Strobel
14. Active Hope by Joanna Macy & Chris Johnstone ***
15. Too Much Magic by James Howard Kunstler
16. Wild by Cheryl Strayed
I've included the Amazon link to each book in case you want to read the summary, see the reviews, read an excerpt, etc. I also added a few notes for each book on my Pinterest board.
Tell me, did you read a lot this year? Any favorites? What do you intend to read in 2013? The book I most look forward to reading in 2013 is Brene Brown's Daring Greatly.
Note: Ken Robinson's book got some extra stars because I find his books particularly inspiring. Have you ever seen his original TED talk? I read recently that it's the most watched TED video of all time.