Saturday, January 5, 2013

Books Read in 2012

As I was putting together yesterday's post, I realized I hadn't yet posted about all the books I read in 2012. Last year was the first year I took the time to track each and every book I read.  I loved it. This year I kept track by pinning the books on a board.  So, here's my list for 2012 with my favorites marked with asterisks. Please do tell if you've read any of these and your thoughts/opinions.

1. The Element by Ken Robinson  *****
2. A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison ***
3. The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar ***
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
6. Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson ***
7. The Blueberry Years by Jim Minick
8. The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
9. Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl
10. The Mesh by Lisa Gansky
11. Waiting for Birdy by Catherine Newman
12. In The Pleasure Groove by John Taylor ***
13. You Can Buy Happiness (And It's Cheap) by Tammy Strobel
14. Active Hope by Joanna Macy & Chris Johnstone ***
15. Too Much Magic by James Howard Kunstler
16. Wild by Cheryl Strayed

I've included the Amazon link to each book in case you want to read the summary, see the reviews, read an excerpt, etc.  I also added a few notes for each book on my Pinterest board.

Tell me, did you read a lot this year?  Any favorites? What do you intend to read in 2013?  The book I most look forward to reading in 2013 is Brene Brown's Daring Greatly.

Note: Ken Robinson's book got some extra stars because I find his books particularly inspiring. Have you ever seen his original TED talk?  I read recently that it's the most watched TED video of all time.



2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!
    And what a lot of work you have put into your post, Audrey.

    I read a lot of books, but I haven't had the discipline to track them all, especially this past year. I haven't read any on your 2012 list, so I'll have to check them out.

    I have just reread Humphrey Carpenter's biography of Tolkien, Tolkien's "Tree and Leaf," his "The Hobbit," and the appendices in LOTR's "Return of the King."

    Also Paul Malmont's "The China Death Cloud Peril" that I want to do a review on.

    Last night I stayed up half the night finishing Dean Koontz's "77 Shadow Street," a delicious and scary thriller my husband Terry gave me for Christmas; so I could start rereading "Pompeii" an excellent novel by Robert Harris.
    But I can't find it so I must have given it to someone. Rats!

    Not to worry! I have piles of books stacked up!
    Thanks for the awesome idea.
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fundy Blue! Ooohhh, I've found another reader. I love it! My husband is a BIG fan of Tolkian and all of his works. I personally did not know about Humphrey's biography but I just read a review and will most certainly be getting that for Alain. Who know, I may also read it myself. Will wait for your review of "The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril" and decide if I want to add that to my list but the review on Amazon sounds kind of riveting. My dad and I used to read a lot of Dean Koontz but it's been a while since I've read one of his books. For whatever reason, my books always tend to be non-fiction although I always sneak at least one or two fiction books in during the year. So glad you wrote ~ thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails