Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fun With Nature

So the girls and I are on the road yet again, doing our best to soak up every last minute of Summer vacation!  We're at my parents right now preparing for a visit to Big Meadows (oh my goodness!).  I'm very excited because Mom & Dad are coming with us.  As an extra special treat, my roommate from college is also joining us and bringing two of her children.  Sophie, Clara and I are thrilled to share one of our favorite places with some of our most favorite people!

Lately, the weather has been cooler (SO NICE!) and quite rainy.  My parents have a number of large oaks around their house and some of the roots have grown back above ground.  The rainfall created small pools in these exposed roots that were the perfect size for a Playmobil party!

 
 
 

There are also mushrooms growing everywhere.....all different kinds.  The oak pools and the mushrooms are too fun and great for a child's (and, okay, a Mom's too) imagination!





75 degrees.....sitting in the shade of a large oak tree....Mom & I sipping on hard cider.....Clara playing quietly......aaaaahhhhh, if Summer is like this all the time, I'll take it!

6 comments:

  1. Oak pools for play, that is lovely!
    I remember your photos from Big Meadows, I look forward to more!
    Like you, we have enjoyed some of those cooler days and it feels so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! I have to keep reminding myself that it's mid-August. At Big Meadows it's usually about 10 degrees cooler than down in the "valley" (ha!) so I'm looking forward to possibly wearing a jacket! Woohoo... :-)

      Delete
  2. This brought back some memories from childhood! I used to play with my GI Joes in water and make it seem like that were doing a water attack approach HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's awesome, Keith.....I can clearly remember all of my little brother's GI Joe toys!!!

      Delete
  3. Ah! So much fun. I had no idea that playmobile toys included a turtle pool toy now! LOVE THAT!!! Your photos are so fun and imaginative, Audrey. I hope you and the girls are having a fabulous time on your getaway! xoxoxo

    PS: LOVE your blog banner right now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, somehow I never even noticed or paid attention that the float is a turtle! Now I will think of you every time I see it!!! I love that. XOXO

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails