Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Favorite Gardening Quote


I was reading a book recently (I wish I could remember which one but I read TONS of books and didn't note the title/author) and came across this gardening quote:


"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow."


And I do believe this is true. I'm just a beginner but I've already found, in my limited experience, that my garden does better when I'm checking in on it daily. It's actually my favorite part of the day - just cruising by all "my plants" to see how they did overnight and how much they've grown. For me it's truly exciting. I pick a few weeds, water if necessary, check out all the bugs and their goings-on, and smile at the progress. I also dream about all the yummy food that will be produced with the future produce....yum yum.
(image borrowed from the Allotment Blog at www.gardening-tools-direct.co.uk/blog/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails