Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Where are all the people?

So today was a perfect weather day in sunny Charlotte, NC! It was around 75 degrees most of the day. After picking up my daughter from school, I made dinner and we, of course, ate outside. It was just heaven after months of rain. My neighbor told me today that we've had 22 inches of rain since the beginning of December. (most of it is in my backyard!). Since we're dog sitting for a friend this week, we decided to take the pup for a walk after dinner. Sophie rode her bike. About halfway through our walk, she stopped peddling and just sat in the middle of the street. My husband and I both asked her "what's wrong"? And in the sweetest voice imaginable she asked us, "Where are all the people?".

I don't even know what else to say. If I ever had any doubt that she's my daughter, all those doubts would have been completely annihilated with that one question.

Sophie, honey, I wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails