Friday, August 6, 2010

The Pleasure of Good Friends

I am a very lucky woman. In many ways. But today I consider myself to be lucky because I have really wonderful friends.


Our Friends, Ourselves


Friends, really golden ones, are so hard to come by. You have to try out every different style and flavor to find the right one. I'm of the school of thought that I'd rather have a few great quality friends than to have lots of mediocre ones. The saddest part is that, along the way, I've discovered a couple of the wrong friends and had to divorce myself.....which is NO FUN and SO AWFUL. Lately though, I've put a lot of focus on my relationships with my friends. A few months ago I shortlisted my friend list because I realized that I was going about things the wrong way. I wanted to devote more time to loving and getting to know my good friends better....but I couldn't do that when I was spending a lot of time with other people who didn't mean that much to me. And, to be frank, some folks just weren't making the grade. I know that sounds mean and I don't mean it to be. I think you know what I'm talking about. Certain people just GET YOU and I typically like really strong women with a bit of an edge. I also like having friends who aren't afraid to tell me the hard truth, when it's necessary.




Lately, I've been having a hard time personally. Because of this, the nature of my friendships is really coming to the forefront. These friends have allowed me to really be myself.....with all the harsh realities and the terrible things I have to say. Some of them have come right out and said things that were hard to hear but very necessary. I feel their open arms and loving hearts down to the core of my soul.

Life is a highway.....yes, I believe that's true.....and, good thing, because I LOVE DRIVING.....I'm just glad I have some wonderful friends in my life who make me feel like I'm driving down that highway at full speed....with the top down.....the wind in my curly hair.....and the crazy tunes just blasting.


Eco-friendly Vacation


Ladies, I thank you. You know who you are. And I love you to pieces!!!

Images via WholeLiving

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails