Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Miscellaneous

Don't you love that word?  Miscellaneous.  I do.  And I can't do it the injustice of abbreviating it. Misc. drives me crazy.  A beautiful word like Miscellaneous has to be spelled out!  Don't you think? 

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't fallen off the face....I'm still here.  Just super busy, as always.  

Last week was an emotional week.  It was Clara's last week at her old school.  I'd always dreamed of sending one of my kids to a Waldorf/Montessori/Reggio oriented school.  It finally worked out this year and I was so happy.  This school was really close to home and small and I loved it.  BUT, as is typical for her, my Clara had other plans.  It just wasn't a good fit for her!  Oh, I did everything to try and make it work and I probably dragged on longer than I should.  I was going a little coocoo. You see, it was the perfect school for ME.  And I had a love connection with one of her teachers.  Let's just say that a lot of tears were shed last week.  I knew I'd miss the school, especially the curriculum and overall philosophy, but mainly Ms. Lisa.  You should have seen us saying goodbye to one another, crying like babies!  I will truly miss seeing her everyday.  I also knew that, while I needed more time for myself (Clara goes to school longer at her new school), I'd miss my little doodlebug.  She had a stomach bug last week and it was hard but I took some pictures to look at when I'm missing her.....




What I won't miss is the copious amount of laundry I did last week.  Whew!


What helped get me through?


As always.

To my delight, Clara is CRAZY happy at her new preschool.  She squeals in the morning when I tell her she gets to go again.  It's pretty obvious that she loves it and it's going to be a better fit for her. The good news? I can scrap those dreams of the Montessori education. That was an epic fail.  But at least I know now...and I'm happy we tried it.

We also went to visit my parents (and Kenzie) this past weekend for my Mom's birthday.  But I'm a total dork.  Even though I dragged my big-girl camera all the way to Lynchburg, I didn't take a  single photo.  Argh.

I did finally have my parents and my grandmother take the NY Times Dialect Quiz.  Have you taken it?  It's too much fun.  If you're really honest and answer according to HOW you speak (as opposed to how you'd LIKE to speak or how you think you speak!), it's amazingly accurate.  Take it and let me know how it turns out.  NOTE: this quiz is really only good for Americans.  You might even learn a cool new word like I did.....kittywampus.  My family is so sick of me using this word.....but it's fabulous and it cracks me up!

The real reason I haven't been blogging is because I've been watching these guys.  I am so addicted to these owls.  As are a bunch of my friends and family who are constantly texting and emailing with "owl updates".  If you haven't watched the owls yet, please check them out.  It's the most exciting in the evening when they're awake and active.

In addition, I've been reading TONS.  Over the past couple weeks I've noticed a lot of talk in the blogging universe about how most bloggers are introverts.  I found that interesting.  I don't think it's a secret that I'm a strong introvert.  So I broke down and finally decided to read this book....


.....and it's kind of blowing my mind a little bit.  Have you guys read this?  And are any of you introverted bloggers?  I'm curious....

There's so much other stuff.....I could go on and on.....but I'm meeting a friend for lunch.  WHAT?  Audrey is meeting a friend for lunch?  Unheard of.  I can't even remember the last time! But this is a HUGE benefit of Clara's new school schedule!  So exciting....

Before I leave, I wanted to share my new favorite picture:


Because, even though this winter seems like it's going to drag on for all of eternity, I truly do love winter and snow and cold.....and I REALLY love my Sophie. (photo taken by Alain)

Oh and ONE LAST THING.  We helped rescue a dog yesterday.  Luckily he was microchipped and his owner came to claim him.  But he was overweight and untrained (and RIDICULOUSLY strong).  He wasn't vaccinated and didn't have a current rabies shot. He had no collar and no tag.  He had a collar from an electric fence (which we all know DOES NOT WORK!) but the owner admitted that she knew the fence wasn't working.  Not to mention that he'd been wandering for at least a good hour and a half (if not longer) and she didn't even notice that he was missing.  But the worst part?  When she walked in, I was sitting in a corner with this dog (Zach) and my two crying, screaming children.....and SHE DIDN'T EVEN SAY THANK YOU!  My heart was broken.  It ruined my entire evening.  I couldn't even feel good about getting him back to his home because he has the WORST DOG OWNERS EVER.  This type of thing is devastatingly sad to me.  Have you ever had an experience like that? I really need to let it go and move on but it's hard for me....

Okay, enough with the Miscellaneous.  Hope you're all well and happy!

XOXO,
Audrey 






8 comments:

  1. So glad Clara is liking her new preschool. And I wouldn't abbreviate miscellaneous so much if I could spell it better LOL! And it is so so so sad when pet owners do those things and do not care for their furry loved ones :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith! Yes, I agree, not the easiest word to spell. I usually have to check myself to make sure I have it right! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Is there an animal shelter/rescue group in your area? If you report that dog's owners to them, sometimes they will go over and see if they can convince the owner to give the animal to them. Then there is a chance that he will go to a better home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Robin. I know of many (I'm on the board of the Golden Rescue myself) and I will try that. They're all so overburdened that I have to wonder if they'll do anything about it. I forgot to mention that he'd already been brought to the exact same vet's office I went to once before. So it's clearly not the first time! Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Hey Audrey! It's great to see you back! What darling photos of Clara! I'm so glad that she loves her new preschool! Children are unique, and they will walk their own paths if they are not broken. The photo of you and Sophie is very sweet ~ oozes love. I've seen the book "Quiet" in B&N, but I haven't looked at it seriously yet. This introvert must take a good look! It breaks my heart to see animals that are neglected or abused. I hope Kenzie is doing as well as can be. Definitely will checkout the owls! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise! You can trust me on this one ~ I would break long before Clara ever would. Ha! I read that sentence in your comment and it made me laugh. Kenzie is AMAZING. It's sad to see her legs giving out on her slowly, REALLY HARD. But I'm just so thankful to still have her around. She makes me very happy. And please do check out the owls ~you'll be so happy you did! XOXO

      Delete
  4. Oh hey, Audrey! So nice to see your blog pop up in my reader. You are so stinking cute - loving the word miscellaneous. I have been thinking of you and wondering how Clara's transition was going - SO exciting to hear that you are going to meet a friend for lunch! Love that!

    And it is REALLY sad about the dog you recued! SUPER sad that his owner wasn't more gracious toward the good deed you'd done. :o( Last month I noticed a cute little dog out on the sidewalk in front of our house so I called him and he came trotting inside. Lucky was all over him (IF you know what I mean!) and he was just the sweetest little dog! No collar - ugh! Carrie suggested I put an ad on Craigslist and within 30 minutes his owner called. Oh my gosh - they were frantic and were SO grateful to us and their little dog was SO happy to see them! Made me feel really good about them as dog owners, and hopeful that someone might do the same for our Lucky dog should he ever escape.

    You are probably finishing up your dessert with your friend as I type. I hope you've had a lovely time, sweet friend! xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting an ad on Craigslist ~ that is G-E-N-I-U-S! I'll keep that in mind for the future. It wouldn't have worked in this instance because this monster lady didn't even know he was gone. But I like to think most dog owners would be worried sick and checking every available source to find them. I laughed about Lucky being all over the stray dog. Checkin' it OUT! Lunch was awesome......wish I'd captured it on Instagram (hee hee)! XOXO

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails