Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blue Man's Exciting Day Out

Sophie and I love to go to IKEA. She loves the play room. I love the products, ideas, inspiration and reasonable prices. We love to eat lunch in the cafe. When we go there, we're happy and content for at least a good few hours. So we made an excursion to IKEA yesterday, at Soph's request. Sophie also decided to bring Blue Man along.

Background: Blue Man is a legit member of our family. I adopted (purchased) him a couple of years before Sophie was even born. My favorite color is blue and my favorite animals are elephants. I saw Blue Man lying in a basket at Anthropologie and I was smitten. Much to my surprise, when Sophie was old enough to choose a favorite "buddy" out of the hundreds she had, she chose Blue Man. I could not have been happier. Since then, he's been EVERYWHERE. All over the U.S., Canada, Europe. He's fairly adventurous.

Yesterday, Blue Man ventured with Sophie and I to IKEA. Below are some photos showing some of his adventures....

While Sophie played in the play room (Smaland), Blue Man rode quietly in the cart while I browsed around. He's such a good elephant.


Later, while Sophie and I took a potty break, Blue Man quietly sat in the infant seat....


We were so thrilled to find an elephant friend for Blue Man but, for some reason, Blue Man was intimidated....


I am pretty sure Blue Man liked the kids section best. He tried out a slide....


wwoooooaaaaaahhhhh.....


He pulled a "Goldilocks" and tried out some of the beds....


He was not fond of the egg chair that spins around and around. This is an "after" shot.


Soon after, he sat down to have a "tea" and recover from all the dizziness.


When we lost Blue Man for a few minutes, we discovered that someone had thrown him into a bin with a bunch of rabbits thinking he was just another animal for sale. Ahem.


He did not like that.

Soon after, we caught him sneaking a cat nap in the cafe.


The best part of all? Blue Man met some pretty cool friends, one with wicked cool socks, while we were there. They've agreed to meet up again soon for more IKEA fun....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails