Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Making Memories on the Mountain...


On Sunday the family ventured up to Grandfather Mountain in Linville, NC. This is a family tradition that we started in 2008. The very first thing I did when I stopped working was plan a weekend trip there. And this was our third year in a row. I always look forward to this trip each October. I'm one of those people who dreams of owning a mountain house rather than a beach house. This year, however, was much warmer than usual and the colors weren't as vibrant. (I'll take the cold any day.) Still, we had a blast and enjoyed a lovely, lovely day in each others company.... We also added a stop-off trip to Blowing Rock on the way home. Blowing Rock has a very sweet little downtown area with cute little shops and a great central park/playground. It's also fairly dog friendly so the dogs joined us on a walk around town.

Here are a few of my favorite photos....


The clouds were really beautiful all day. Pictures never do justice but I tried to get some decent shots. It was one of those perfect Carolina Blue sky days...


We picnicked right near this spot and I fell in love with this majestic tree.


As we were leaving home, Sophie insisted on bringing a hippo toy from when she was younger. We tried to talk her out of it....to no avail. As it turns out, the hippo received several nice walks on Grandfather Mountain. Very cute...


Kenzie never rests. She guards us so fiercely. It make me want to cry sometimes. She's such an amazing soul. My furry soul mate. No question.


Hubbs gets the last shot. Of course. Who gets to be this sweet AND this gorgeous? Ugh. And the best part? He has no friggin' clue. Not one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails