Wednesday, January 11, 2012

REAL BOOKS!!!

I've made it no secret how much I dislike e-readers and how much I love real books. My personal ode to real books is one of my all-time favorite posts on this blog. After a recent trip to a Barnes & Noble I was disheartened to see that the store has downsized their inventory of REAL BOOKS. Seriously, about a quarter of their books were gone. Those sections were replaced with toys. As if children need any more toys in this world! Honestly. When I went to the help desk to ask for help in searching for a book, she told me it was only available as an e-book. I scowled at her.

Well, my heart soared when I discovered this video that has gone viral. It came at just the right time. It's comforting to know that there are others out there like me. Very comforting. I always feel so.....how do I put it.....outside of the box. This video is so genius and makes me so very happy. And it's been added to mine and Sophie's collection of our favorite stop motion videos. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Tia Jenny, do you know this bookstore in Toronto?


I keep watching it....it's so fun to pick out some of my favorite titles!!!

3 comments:

  1. I do not know this book store, but how cool! Have you read the Art of Racing in the Rain yet Audrey? It's a really good, fast (which is important at this stage in your life), and heart wrenching yet uplifting book. I think you'll like it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not although it's always been on my list. Thanks for the recommendation ~ I'll be sure to read it as soon as I can. As you can imagine, I don't get much reading done these days! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How brilliant! Wow, totally sophisticated and professional; I'm waiting for the day my little camera feels up to the task haha.. Perhaps when the kids are older, I'll get them to help too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails