Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well, hello there!


I've mentioned before that I'm a dreamer. Yes, I am.

Every once in a while, when Clara falls asleep in the car, I go for a drive. This kid NEVER sleeps so you have to ride it out on the rare occasion that she does. My favorite destination is a street not too far from home. It's smack dab in the middle of a bunch of cookie cutter, typically suburban neighborhoods. This street is like a canary in a coal mine. It's not an organized subdivision. There is no Home Owner's Association with a bunch of ridiculous rules. It still has a rural feel to it. Every single lot on the street has a small plot of land next to the house. They're all fenced in. A good majority of the home owners have a horse and a goat. Why do I go there? Well, of course, I'm looking for a FOR SALE sign. They just never appear. I dream of having a home there and having chickens in my backyard. Space for my kids and my dog to really run around. Some room to breathe. Woods to play in. I imagine putting a table and some chairs under one of the big oak trees to have little celebrations. Maybe one day! Anyway, back to reality here...

Last week I took a drive there and encountered the gorgeous beast in the above photo. And she even posed for a nice photo. It really made me smile. Who wouldn't want to drive by that every day on their way home? Better then a bunch of dead-end sidewalks, no? *Smile *


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails