Friday, February 1, 2013

Antique Shopping With Mom

While Mom was here visiting she asked to go back and visit The Sleepy Poet, Charlotte's fun & funky antique store.  Both girls were at school that day and it was the only time I've been there without at least one of my children.  Oh, I was in heaven.  We wandered from aisle to aisle for several hours.  So many things caught my eye....


A vintage strawberry tablecloth...


Purple bottles galore!


A simple candelabra


An adorable owl & moon string art....love it!


A 1970's flavored seating area!  Love those cushions!

What did I actually buy?  Only own small item and it's none of the above. See my next post to find out....

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and your mother had a great time, Audrey! That strawberry tablecloth reminded me of tablecloths that graced our home when I was a child! I'd forgotten all about them. The color of your purchase was the favorite color of my all time best friend who died a little over two years ago. I hope you are off to a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Louise, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend ~ that must've been so hard for you! I'm glad something in my silly little post made you think fondly of her. Hope you are having a beautiful week!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails