Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am The Ox!

Since I was small, I've had a curiosity about Chinese horoscopes. In the last several years, my dear friend, Helena, has peeked this interest. She'd always ask about my animal, my husband's, my daughter's....in order to get a better understanding of each of us. I wanted to know more. Well, I can finally cross this off my to-do list. Earlier this week, I stumbled across this book at the library....



For the past few days, I've been hungrily reading through the book. Via Helena, I already knew I was born in the year of the Ox; however, I didn't know much about the Ox. It's been interesting reading through the different chapters ~ seeing which parts are true for me and which don't necessarily apply. This is what I now know:

I was born in the year of the Ox.
My element is Water (-).
My ascendent is the Rabbit.

chinese-horoscope-ox
Image via Squidoo.

The ox symbolizes the attainment of prosperity through fortitude and hard work. She is fair-minded and a good listener. She may be stubborn. The ox lady is a no-nonsense type of girl. She's efficient without being fussy and protective without being too dominating. She is soft-spoken and confident. Overly concerned about details (yes!). An ox is known to nurture grievances for too long. She has a long and exacting memory and injuries are remembered down to the last detail. She may be overly sensitive where pride is concerned. The ox is no gambler. Risks and razor-thin margins unmove her because of a profound need for security. Sociable and relaxed when she feels secure. She is self-reliant and may have a hard time accepting aid. A rugged individualist.

As a child, the ox is tough but not very talkative, obedient and attentive. Privacy is a concession the ox demands. She will know how to be discreet, even secretive, at an early age, and can be trusted to keep confidences. She is the strong, silent type ~ not argumentative by nature. She may be deeply hurt and no one else will suspect it. The ox child is an exemplary student, responsible and reliable. A good leader and follower. With minimum guidance, she will take the initiative to perform to the best of her ability and prove her worthiness to herself and all who know her.

As a Water Ox, she is more realistic than idealistic. She is patient, practical and unrelentingly ambitious. She is reasonable and flexible. Slow and sure, she prefers to act independently. This ox is a dutiful and dedicated fighter ~ striving to reach great heights and conquer by sheer constancy and unfailing determination.

Due to the Rabbit influence, she is kind, diplomatic and discreet. She doesn't change her opinions easily. She dislikes disruptions or unforeseen delays and will seek to establish order and control. Appreciates music and the theater.

What doesn't apply:
The ox is systematic, adhering to fixed patterns and has great respect for tradition (I may be many things but I am no traditionalist!). May be criticized for a lack of imagination (never!). Has an uncluttered mind (definitely not me!). Overly concerned about punctuality (I wish but no). Harbors strong prejudices (not so much).

On the Western astrological calendar, I am a Taurus. A pretty strong one too because my ascendent is also Taurus. It was interesting to read about the similarities between the Ox and Taurus ~ they definitely share similar characteristics.

So there you are. Now I know. If you've ever wondered about your animal sign, I recommend picking up this book. It's quite fascinating....even if you're just an interested novice like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails