Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Peas & Carrots

One of the items on my Nesting List (things to accomplish before this baby girl arrives) is to get up-to-date on our photos (uploading to Kodak Gallery to share with family, putting in albums, etc). This is a gargantuan task....one that I don't necessarily enjoy. EXCEPT for when I find photos that I forgot about.....



THIS is my darling Kenzie Snooter. An absolute love of my life. My furry soul mate. She has the most soulful eyes I've ever seen in any dog (and trust me when I say that I've been around a LOT of dogs in my life). She understands me and I like to think that I understand her. When I'm down or sick, she seems to know just what to do to pick me up again. Just her very presence is comforting to me. I know that a higher power was working hard the day I walked into a local PetsMart and saw this sweet little beast peeking out of her crate. I turned to my husband and said, "I will not leave this store without this dog", and I didn't. Whatever led me to that store on that particular day....whatever led me to lean down and peek inside that crate....whatever drove me to adopt her, even at an inopportune time in our lives....whatever has happened in the time between April 15, 2000 and today.....I know ALL OF IT was meant to be. I don't understand a lot of things in life but I will always know that Kenzie and I were meant to cross paths in this life. She will always be a HUGE highlight in my life....no matter how long I live and/or what happens between now and my last day on Earth. Kenzie is now 11 years old (a miracle, for sure!) and I work on mentally preparing myself for the day when she's not with me any more. But I don't worry too, too much about it because I know we will meet again. Crossed souls like ours.....well, they are destined to meet again. Some time, some place. She'll never be far from me!



Kenzie & Hubbell. Sister & Brother. Don't they look alike? The very sight of the two of them together makes me melt. I just adore them both.


Kenzie & I? Well, yes, we go together like peas & carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails