Sunday, March 20, 2011

LSP: Ice Skating!!!

I don't know about you but, when I was small, I really loved ice skating!!! Recently the mom of one of Sophie's friends mentioned that there's a modern, clean, nice ice skating center not too far from home and that they offer ice skating lessons. Well, it didn't take long for me to sign Sophie up for classes. This weekend was our second week and, I have to say, I think Sophie really likes it. Here are some shots of her first class and those first timid attempts at skating....


Dad helps Sophie get all wrapped up....


Soph's first attempts to "march" across the rink.


Practicing the "Dip"


Soph with her instructor. I don't know if you can tell from this lousy photo but she's grinning from ear to ear. We saw a lot of that....


The hardest part for me is knowing that I won't be able to skate with her until at least August or so. I REALLY look forward to ice skating with my girl.... For me, and hopefully for Sophie, ice skating is one of Life's Simple Pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails