Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Little Something for the Big Sister!

I headed to Michael's over the weekend and bought the below items. I think I spent about $5 on these few things....




Today I completed my little project ~ a "BIG SISTER" pin for Sophie. I have very clear memories of the day my brother was born. I was ecstatically happy. The hospital gave me a silly little sticker that was a Big Sister Pin and I remember being so proud to wear that around. I felt like everyone was looking at me. I felt so very proud and so important. Based on those beautiful memories I wanted to make a really nice Big Sister Pin for Sophie. One that she can wear when she visits the hospital and meets her baby sister for the first time. One that she can keep for a long time, maybe hang it in her room, if she wants. Here is the finished product. And now I'm going to pack it away in my hospital bag. I can't wait to give it to her and I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it for her!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails