Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What We Leave Behind


As I'm hoping is clear on this blog, I am aiming to live a much simpler life. I spend a good deal of time reading on voluntary simplicity and I follow some blogs of others taking a similar path. Lately there seems to be a lot of focus about how our "stuff" doesn't define us. It doesn't fill us up inside or make us happy. When we take leave of this world, will others remember us by what we owned? Not likely. All this talk has me thinking a lot about how I would want to be remembered. While looking back through photos of past vacations, I came across this image. Me...kayaking on a beach vacation. Likely on the lookout for dolphins. Enjoying the serenity of the lapping water and the barely audible fiddling of crabs on the banks. Gazing at the sea birds as they float by. Being calmed by the lull of my kayak as it bobs about in the water. It's in moments like these that I feel most at peace. When the worries of the world are washed away. I am me. Still a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend. But closest to myself. This is how I would want to be remembered. At peace and close to nature.

This makes me curious. How would you want to be remembered?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails