Sunday, June 10, 2012

My First Bento Box

Sophie's first day of Summer Camp is tomorrow.  She is anxious, curious and excited.  As am I.  To make her feel special, I created a Bento Box for her morning snack.  I don't think it's too bad for my first attempt.  And you should have seen Sophie's face when I showed it to her.  A huge grin slowly spread from ear to ear.  Mission accomplished.  




Note #1: Those delicious looking cherry tomatoes are straight out of my Garden of Happiness.

Note #2: All of my Bento Box inspiration comes straight from Meet the Dubiens.

3 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! What a creative and delicious snack! Nice work Mama A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - my dream in September when my little girl starts school is to pack her a gorgeous bento box for her packed lunch every day. Somehow I feel like it might show how much I'm thinking of her. But with a baby due only one week after she starts, I just know I'll let myself down/have to give myself a break. Mind you, I have some Japanese sandwich cutters in the shape of Miffy, and cute little egg moulds, which aren't too time consuming. I'll pop over to check out your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, Jenni-Pa and Little Macaroon! You know, I never enjoyed making lunches for Sophie. It's usually Dad's job. And I LOVED making the Bento Box. It's just so fun and I can just imagine how it must capture your imagination as a child. I look forward to making a new one tonight. Could be that I'm just desperate to get out some of my own creative energy! (LM, I have to say that I don't think it took any extra time over making her normal lunch!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails