Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April Showers bring.....








............STRAWBERRIES!!! I've been deprived. Last year I made the decision to only buy seasonal fruits and veggies (as much as I possibly could stand). So it has been a very long time, my friend, since I last bought strawberries. Well, yesterday was the day I'd been waiting for for a long time. It was perfect weather and the first day of the season at Hall's Family Farm here in Charlotte. It's just a hop, skip and a jump from our house yet it was the first time I've been there. It was also my first strawberry picking experience. I'm so happy I was able to go with Sophie ~ she was so much fun!! We were both so excited that we ended up picking and buying six pounds!! The farm also had a lot of other activities for the kids - a maze, pump duck races, a play area....we spent the entire morning there. This family and farm has been written about a lot locally because they've been holding out and not selling their land to developers despite receiving amazingly attractive offers. You have to respect that!!! Glad we could give them a little business. And we will definitely be repeat customers.....

2 comments:

  1. I made already strawberry jam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I do love your strawberry jam. Alain wants to make some as well. I'll be visiting the farm again soon....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails