Saturday, April 3, 2010

For the Love of Bugs

I love bugs. Not all of them but most. Especially bees, butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs, luna moths and worms. I've tried to instill a love of bugs in my daughter as well. With some success. When she was younger she loved nothing more than to dig in the dirt looking for earthworms. She'd even help pick them up off the sidewalk to put them back in the moist grass. Last year she'd stand with me next to the garden to observe the bees flirting with the basil plants. I felt like we shared a love of bugs.

Not so fast. Just this week she started showing a crazy, irrational fear of bugs. If one comes anywhere near her she runs around like a headless chicken screaming at the top of her lungs. My husband and I stare at each other dumbfounded when this happens. This odd behavior is obviously a result of seeing someone else's behavior while at school.

Since we can't lock her up in the house for the rest of her life, I've been searching for creative ways to lure her back into my "bug camp". Silly Mom that I am. So far, this is my favorite idea.



What do you think? I truly believe cupcakes could solve just about anything....

(Images borrowed from http://www.marthastewart.com/)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails