Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happiness is....

* Central Park. This image speaks for itself.

* Having breakfast at Bouchon Bakery on my birthday. Thomas Keller just doesn't disappoint. On this particular visit, Soledad O'Brien was sitting at the table next to us and made a comment or two to Sophie.

*Still feeling love after 17 years together.



* Getting to visit my dear friends, Dave and Jordan, while in New York. Guys, if you're reading, thanks for carving out time to spend with us. It meant a lot to me. You're always missed!

* Sharing my (very exhausted) daughter's first viewing of the Statue of Liberty. (NOTE: Yes, my daughter still uses a pacifier when she's really tired. People love to make comments to us regarding that. All I have to say is you should find more important things to worry about.)




* All of the amazing food we sampled while in New York. This will deserve it's own post at a later date.

* The amazing growing garden I came home to yesterday. More to come....

AND, since I didn't make my happiness list last week, I need to include this here:

* Fiddleheads, fiddleheads, roly poly fiddleheads. I never knew this was how ferns were "born" until I took a Botany class back in 2001. I've been amazed by them ever since. Our hike at Crabtree Falls was the first time I was able to see so many in one place. Can't really explain why but I LOVE them.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails