Friday, June 24, 2011

For the Love of Stamps

Maybe it's my Dad's fault but I have this thing for nice stamps. We all know I love receiving nice handwritten correspondence of any type in the mail. But I go completely nuts when there's a coordinating stamp. Yesterday I had to stop at the post office to send some packages. These lovely GARDEN OF LOVE stamps caught my eye and I just had to have them for my birth announcements. They're PERFECT.

Garden of Love (Forever). This image is a larger version than the image with the same alt attribute on the previous page.

I went online to order them today (because my local post office was out) and then discovered these "Year of the Rabbit" stamps.

Year of the Rabbit (Forever). This image is a larger version than the image with the same alt attribute on the previous page.

Oh hum. The dilemma. Which one to get? I've mentioned before that my dear friend, Helena, peeked my interest in the Chinese lunar calendar and I've been thrilled since I read up and learned that my baby girl will be a rabbit.

In the end I couldn't decide so I ordered a few sheets of each.

While we're speaking of stamps, I have to mention that my Dad sent me a package recently with a GREGORY PECK stamp. Atticus Finch. Swoon. The world's most perfect man. I adore this character so much that I named one of my new birds Atticus. While these handsome stamps won't be on the birth announcements, I may or may not have bought some of these as well just to have on hand. They just might come in handy for the 52/52 Challenge!!!

Gregory Peck (Forever). This image is a larger version than the image with the same alt attribute on the previous page.

{all images via shop.usps.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails