Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Little Things

~ Hearing the painters painting the nursery in the room right next door. Oh, I can't wait to see it....
~ Crossing items off of my Nesting List and knowing I'm getting there.
~ Getting to know my new laptop: although I still have to figure out loads of things (like loading photos, etc). Pardon the photo-free posts for a little while. When it comes to technology, I am a total dunce. It's beyond frustrating.
~ Feeling sensitive and more emotional than normal....which is par for the course at 35 weeks pregnancy, I think. I am moved by the simplest things, especially certain songs.
~ On that note, songs with male backup singers. I love this. Think "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack and "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence.
~ The song "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride. It makes me cry even on my best non-pregnant day but yesterday it left me weeping. It's so very beautiful!!!
~ Hearing Atticus and Scout tweeting downstairs as I'm writing this. (and no, not the Anthony Weiner form of tweeting!!!)
~ Choosing a baby announcement. I adore all things paper so it was very hard to choose just one. Aaahhh, but the looking and choosing is SO MUCH FUN!!!
~ It took about three weeks but I finally completed the new flower bed. This morning, as I was watering, I noticed that two of the plants have sprouted new flowers. Relief!
~ The zucchini blossoms on my zucchini plant. WOW! They are humongous.
~ SPELL CHECK. Because it just caught my misspelling of "humongous". I am a stickler for proper spelling....
~ I am reading Xinran's book "Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother". Wow. That's all I can say. It's a hard read but an important one, I think. Heartbreaking. But a very important work. I intend to read all of Xinran's books once I finish this one.
~ Being a female, I've always considered myself damned lucky to have been born in this time and in this great country. After reading Xinran's book, I only feel this more strongly. It's a good feeling. I'm very fortunate.
~ Sophie's baby photos and videos. I guess I've been looking at them more often because of the impending delivery of my second baby girl. Anyway, they make me feel soft and gooey in the middle. She was so precious and a very good, good baby. We were lucky to have such a good baby on the first go round.... Fingers crossed for a repeat!


Little Soph at 5 days old

~ Knowing that I'm getting caught up on the 52/52 Challenge this afternoon. Yes, I finally fell a little behind!
~ This video. Someone sent it to me about a month ago. I've watched it countless times and shared it with some friends. I just love it. It's so much fun! She is so fabulous.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails