Friday, June 4, 2010

State of the Garden Week - Post #5

So, all in all, the garden is doing fairly well. Next week I head over to Renfrow's to purchase some pumpkin plants. Oh my, this will be interesting. I wanted to plant them this week but it's done nothing but rain. I'm going to end "State of the Garden" week with an overall shot of the garden. I love it. It has surpassed my expectations so far. And I've already started charting my fall garden (you have to start months in advance!)....but more to come on that!


I've been in the midst of several other projects this week so you'll be hearing about those in the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

Oh, and how could I forget, Alain made peach jam last night. It looks so good!!! We can't wait to try it......I'll send some photos so you can drool over it!
PS - For my tomato plants with blight, I removed all the foliage that was infected. I couldn't find a great resource on how to treat it. One place said to remove the plants all together. Ugh, I couldn't bring myself to do that. Another source said to remove the infected bits. So that's what I did. We'll see what happens from here. But the tomatoes are looking VERY GOOD! Fingers tightly crossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails