Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Preschool Reading List

Sophie and I have been hanging at the library a lot lately. She plays on the computer. I read magazines. We pick out new videos and CDs. Sometimes we even check out books too. On Monday night, while she was on the computer, I discovered a recommended reading list for Preschoolers. So, my new goal is to read the books on the list within the next couple of months. I'm going to check them off here as we finish and then pass along our personal recommendations.

1.) A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet Morgan Stoeke

2.) A Porcupine Named Fluffy by Helen Lester

3.) Am I Beautiful? by Else Holmelund Minarik

4.) Angel Baby by Pat Cummings

5.) Big Al by Andrew Clements

6.) Big Black Bear by Wong Herbert Yee

7.) Book! Book! Book! by Deborah Bruss

8.) The Circus Baby by Maud Fuller Petersham

9.) Daddy All Day Long by Francesca Rusackas

10.) Feast for 10 by Cathryn Falwell

11.) How Are You Peeling?: Foods with Moods by Saxton Freymann

12.) It's Not Easy Being a Bunny by Marilyn Sadler

13.) Mother, Mother I Want Another by Maria Polushkin Robbins

14.) Owl Babies by Martin Waddell

15.) The Rat and the Tiger by Keiko Kasza

16.) Unlovable by Dan Yaccarino

17.) What! Cried Granny: An Almost Bedtime Story by Kate Lum

18.) When I Was Five by Arthur Howard

19.) You Can't Catch Me by Joanne Oppenheim

Personally, I can't wait to get started!!!

UPDATE: We stopped reading through this list because Sophie said these were "baby books". I think she meant that they're too short and uninvolved for her. I agree. Also, I wasn't really crazy about the first few we read through. The main exception was Big Al by Andrew Clements. This book was ADORABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails