Monday, July 12, 2010


I feel like writing today but without anything specific in mind. At the same time, I have so many things I want to say. So this post is just a hodge-podge:

~ I am an aunt again. My beautiful baby nephew was born on Saturday. He was a big baby (just over 8 1/2 pounds!!) and has gorgeous full dark black hair (I think it's after Mom). Anyway, we're proud new aunt/uncle/cousin and only wish we lived closer so we could meet him and cuddle him in person. Bianca, way to go!!! It could not have been easy to get him out. Welcome to parenthood....we love you!

~ Byron has not been doing a good job.

~ This weekend I harvested my first cantaloupe. My daughter ate 75% of it. I ate the other 25% for breakfast this morning. That was wicked exciting.

~ I also harvested my first red pepper. It was a BEAUTY. I wanted to take a picture but my husband had that thing grilled up so quickly it made my head spin. It had a great scent and was very flavourful.

~ Yesterday's World Cup final was SO BORING. And I was rooting for Holland. And I am saddened by the Ugandan bombings that occurred. I don't understand this world at all anymore and it saddens me to no end. I want to say more but I am honestly just speechless (and not in a good way).

~ I am currently listening to "One Night in Bangkok". I was around eleven when this song was released. While I loved music from the time I came out of the womb, this is one of the very first songs that I remember just LOVING. It really spoke to me. What a great song. It always makes me want to jump right out of my seat. What would life be like without great music????

~ I had a really rough weekend. You know that saying, "It takes a village"? Well, it truly does take a village. And I don't have one. Parenting without knowing there's a break in your future can be so overwhelming. It just seems endless and overpowering and exhausting beyond belief. Every once in a while I go through a short phase where I would do just about anything to get away. I'm at the end of my wits and I don't want to hear "Mommy" one more time. Don't want to clean a bum. Don't want to play cars. Would LOVE to finish a thought. Crave an hour to make a phone call to a friend. Just want one damn moment of silence. Will puke if I have to watch or hear one more cartoon (I didn't even like them as a child!). DON'T WANT TO PULL MY DAUGHTER OFF OF THE DOGS ONE MORE TIME. I'm tired of yelling. I just want peace. I sit and daydream about dropping my child off at Grandma's house for a couple of hours. Hell, I'd be happy with a couple of minutes. But it's just not possible for me. Thank goodness today was a school/camp day. I already feel better after just a few hours of peace and quiet. Alain & Sophie, I'm sorry I was so awful this weekend. Thanks for putting up with me.....

~ My training for the Virginia Ten Miler is going well so far. I finished Week 6 of my Couch 2 5K training. My body has changed tremendously in those 6 weeks. It feels really good. And I'm just praying I can make it and finish the race. I've been wanting to do this since I was about 7 years old. (I highly recommend the Couch 2 5k training for any new runners.)

~ Sophie loves to sing and "perform". Her newest thing is to belt out, "It's too late to apologize". She loves my reaction....which is along the lines of chocolate melting on the sidewalk in 100 degree weather. I wish you all could hear her sing it. You'd melt too!

~ I'm signing off now. I have a gazillion and one loads of laundry to do. But you know what? I don't care. Because it's quiet and I can fold and iron my laundry in peace. The dogs are both sleeping here at my feet. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails