Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Planting Dandelions

Calling all Moms out there!!!

Oh, do I have a book for you!!!



{image via Kyran's website}

I loved it so much that I promptly reread it as soon as I finished it the first time. Certain parts are so funny that I laughed until I cried. This is Kyran's personal story of how she met and married a Southerner, became a mother ~ more specifically a Suburban mother, grew up a Canadian who eventually (and reluctantly) became an American. My favorite chapter is actually the chapter on being Canadian, her first impressions of the US and the long road to becoming a citizen. Hysterical! (Tia Jenny, I thought of you throughout this entire chapter and wished that we could read it aloud together. I laughed so hard I thought this baby would pop right out. It felt so good....!)

Kyran also has been keeping a blog for at least five years which I promptly checked out after finishing the book the second time. This is how she describes her blog:

"....my field notes, the blog where for five years I've recorded my outside-looking-in observations on this big, little life. Part Underwood typewriter, part Moleskin journal, part refrigerator door: it's become a catchall for everything that digging in yields up."

I think a lot of us can relate to that. I hope you'll pick up this book and enjoy it as much as I did. If you do, please drop me a line and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails