Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ramblings....

It feels like forever since my last post. I guess it's been a busy week. Sophie & I took a few days to visit my family up in Virginia. We had an awesome time! I got to spend some time with both of my grandmothers.....which really meant a lot to me.Sophie got to spend lots of time with Grandma, Grandpa and both of her great-grandmothers on my side of the family (how nice to have such a young family!). Anyway, I wanted to share just a few photos of the past week....


My Kenzie Snooter. She's starting to look very distinguished, isn't she? She's not aging nearly as fast as Hubbell but they're both turning white in the face. I simply adore senior dogs (always have) but, at the same time, it's hard. Dogs just don't live long enough. And, honestly, I feel quite lucky that mine are ages 10 & 11.....so many dogs pass away young these days...mostly from cancer....I hear these horror stories.....they're so heartbreaking.....so, these days, I'm just so thankful that my pups are still around and they're both doing well.


We found this awesome robin's nest in a tree in my parents' front yard. This was the best shot I could get. It was too high to see if there were any eggs and, frankly, I didn't want to disturb any more than I already had. I'm also in love with this tree. It's GORGEOUS. And we have no idea what it's called......if you know, please say so. I kinda' want one for my yard!!!


Sophie & I sitting on a hillside at the Lynchburg airport watching the Blue Angels practice. They're amazing, I must say. I think I could sit and watch them all day. It kinda' makes me feel like a kid again. Below is a photo of one as it was landing...


I also had a doctor's appointment this week (32 weeks ~ aahhh!!!!) and everything seems to be going great. This baby is still not head down though. She's side to side which has made me extremely uncomfortable. I've been having a lot of sleepless nights lately.....and this has made me quite grumpy and hard to be around. I am tired. Also, in Charlotte, the temperature is up in the 90's so it's hot and miserable. I don't go outside unless I absolutely have to.

I've been spending a good deal of time getting to know Atticus & Scout.....and they are such cutie patooties. I love them. We have a new routine where they get to spend some time outside on the deck each morning and evening. They really, really love it ~ I don't speak "bird" but I'd guess it's their favorite parts of the day. They've warmed up to us a lot although we're still not at the point where they will hop on our fingers. Slowly, slowly we're getting there though.... and I found I really missed them while we were gone for those few days....

Lastly, I have been reading some amazing books. This is the #1 reason I haven't been blogging. I've been spending every spare minute reading (while I have this luxury!). Just this week alone I've finished 3 books. They're SO GOOD and I'll post about them soon. Seriously, there is nothing quite like having a good book to read....one that you look forward to reading.....where you try to sneak in any spare moment you can to take in a few pages.....it's heavenly.

Okay, I have a meeting with the painter for the nursery in a few minutes so I'll be signing off now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails