Monday, December 5, 2011

Suburban Field Journal

It's trash day in the suburbs. You know what that means! Very large bins filled to the brim and, sadly, a lot of them are overflowing....

How can it be that a single family can produce this much trash in a week's time?

Don't be misled by thinking I had to drive around for a long time looking for these....or that I collected them over time....I took all of these shots within the space of about 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon sight. I see it every week, even in my own neighborhood.

When the extremely large bin isn't big enough for all of your trash.....just pile it up on top.

I guess when your house is, say, this big.....


it does take a lot of stuff to fill and maintain it.

This sign could be found on the side of most of the trash bins I saw today.


The small print says "Promoting Clean Living". As if. All of this trash has to go someplace. It's called a land fill. Someone must live close to the land fill. I doubt they'd call it clean living.

Yes, God Bless the U.S.A......and all of its trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails