Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Mystery Broccoli Eater

Aah, the joys of gardening. Today I went out to check on the plants and noticed that one of my large broccoli leaves was torn in half. There were pieces of leaf all over the ground. Oh my, I thought to myself, these brassica plants are really too much for me. First, the *@#$! loopers. Now this.

My immediate thought was that it was this little guy:


But I looked all over the ground and couldn't find even one rabbit pellet. And he's still a baby....how could he reach over the wood?

My second thought was that it could be one of the dogs. They were outside alone for an hour or so this morning. We all know how Hubbell loves his cucumbers. Maybe this was his way of getting back at me for growing the cucumber plant up a trellis!!! No, he's really not that smart. Good-looking, yes. Smart, no.

I was perplexed.

I took a break and went inside for a drink. I noticed a missed call from my husband so I called him back. As you might imagine, I relayed this mystery to him. And do you know what he said? "Oh no, that was me. I accidentally hit it with the weedeater." Hmmmm.

They don't cover this in Organic Pest Control books.... (wink wink, love you honey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails