Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Some Great Ideas

Too good to not share...

1.) When we flew to New York, the folks next to us had carried on some Cup O' Noodles cups. When the flight attendant came around to offer drinks, they requested hot water, poured it in and, voila!, instant lunch. And for free, without annoying airline charges!!! I know it's not the most nutritious lunch but it works in a pinch. It'll also get you through security without a body check (hopefully!)
2.) It's birthday season in our house. We've had about eight straight weeks of birthday parties. I know how hard it is to plan a party and to try and make it seem original. But I do have one small pet peeve. Goody bags full of junk. Bubbles, sidewalk chalk, crayons, coloring books and the like = GOOD. Small plastic bits made in China (think "princess rings" - PUKE, spinning tops, bouncy balls, etc.) = BAD. I usually throw them away within 24 hours and my daughter has never once noticed. It's such a waste. So I was pleasantly surprised when we went to a party today and received THIS in our goody bag. Now THAT is original. Thank you, Shellie!!!
Even better, it was made by my dear friend, Leslie. Visit her Etsy shop if you like this idea too! I think my favorite part of the whole thing is that a friend was helping to promote another friend's interest. I love that! And my daughter looks really cute in her Hawaiian Hello Kitty shirt.

3.) I was very comforted to know that at least one other person was reading my blog when Leslie called me last week to invite us strawberry picking with her family. We went and had a wonderful time. And she introduced me to this wonderful product:

Do you know how easy it is to make chocolate-covered strawberries with this? You just pop the container in the microwave for about a minute and a half to melt it, dip and pop the strawberries in the fridge. I recommend letting them set in the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour ~ then PERFECTION. I plan to go to the farm again soon (they almost know me by name!) and make mine with chopped nuts. Can you say DIVINE??? Les/Shells, thanks for this idea. My family thanks you as well. Yum. Please excuse me while I go wipe the chocolate off my chin....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails